BY NICK ST. DENIS
As the offseason progressed, it slowly became clear that longtime defensive line stalwart Paul Soliai would not be with the Miami Dolphins beyond 2013.
It became official Tuesday, when Soliai signed a five-year, $33 million deal with the Atlanta Falcons which includes $14 million guaranteed, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.
There he'll be reunited with Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, who held the same position in Miami from 2010 to 2011.
Showing posts with label Paul Soliai. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Paul Soliai. Show all posts
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Starks, Soliai ready to move on from Dolphins
BY NICK ST. DENIS
The interior of the Miami Dolphins' defensive line will take on a different look next year.
Defensive tackles Randy Starks and Paul Soliai are set to become free agents next week if the Dolphins don't re-sign one or both of them, and neither appear to be a priority for Miami.
For starters, Starks' agent, Tony Paige, recently said his client's return to the team is "unlikely," because the Dolphins simply haven't made any effort to negotiate a new contract.
The interior of the Miami Dolphins' defensive line will take on a different look next year.
Defensive tackles Randy Starks and Paul Soliai are set to become free agents next week if the Dolphins don't re-sign one or both of them, and neither appear to be a priority for Miami.
For starters, Starks' agent, Tony Paige, recently said his client's return to the team is "unlikely," because the Dolphins simply haven't made any effort to negotiate a new contract.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Plenty of internal, external interest in Grimes, Soliai
BY SEAN DONOVAN
If last season's spending and new general manager Dennis Hickey's most recent history in Tampa Bay are any indication, the Miami Dolphins will be active when the free agent negotiation period opens March 8.
The team can, however, begin negotiating with its own free agents right away. It's yet to be seen how active Miami will be when pursuing key departing members of its 2013 squad.
According to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald, the Dolphins are interested in bringing back both of their starting defensive tackles, Randy Starks and Paul Soliai, but have not yet made any official offers.
If last season's spending and new general manager Dennis Hickey's most recent history in Tampa Bay are any indication, the Miami Dolphins will be active when the free agent negotiation period opens March 8.
The team can, however, begin negotiating with its own free agents right away. It's yet to be seen how active Miami will be when pursuing key departing members of its 2013 squad.
According to Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald, the Dolphins are interested in bringing back both of their starting defensive tackles, Randy Starks and Paul Soliai, but have not yet made any official offers.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Starks may default back to Dolphins' starter
BY SEAN DONOVAN
Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Randy Starks may find himself back in the starting lineup this Sunday when his team plays the Atlanta Falcons, but not necessarily because he's off his 'punishment.'
He'll be there because fellow defensive lineman Paul Soliai is unlikely to play in Week 3 due to a knee injury suffered in the fourth quarter of last week's game against the Indianapolis Colts.
Soliai is sitting out practice this week and, according to The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero, the injury may cause the seven-year veteran to miss more than just this upcoming game.
Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Randy Starks may find himself back in the starting lineup this Sunday when his team plays the Atlanta Falcons, but not necessarily because he's off his 'punishment.'
He'll be there because fellow defensive lineman Paul Soliai is unlikely to play in Week 3 due to a knee injury suffered in the fourth quarter of last week's game against the Indianapolis Colts.
Soliai is sitting out practice this week and, according to The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero, the injury may cause the seven-year veteran to miss more than just this upcoming game.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Dolphins' Paul Soliai recently went under knife
BY NICK ST. DENIS
One Miami Dolphins interior defensive lineman went under the franchise tag, and the other went under the knife.
Paul Soliai, who posts up next to recently-tagged Randy Starks in Miami's starting lineup, recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his elbow, according to Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com.
He's expected to be a go when the team begins its offseason workout program in April. (photo: June Rivera, Flickr)
One Miami Dolphins interior defensive lineman went under the franchise tag, and the other went under the knife.
Paul Soliai, who posts up next to recently-tagged Randy Starks in Miami's starting lineup, recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his elbow, according to Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com.
He's expected to be a go when the team begins its offseason workout program in April. (photo: June Rivera, Flickr)
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Dolphins, nose tackle Soliai decide to stick together
BY SEAN DONOVAN
The Dolphins have retained Pro Bowl nose tackle Paul Soliai, according to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
Soliai was planning visits to the Broncos, Chiefs and 49ers but cancelled those trips and decided to re-sign with the Dolphins. Miami drafted Soliai in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He was selected to his first Pro Bowl in 2011.
Soliai was expected to be expendable after the Dolphins announced they were switching from a 3-4 defensive scheme to the 4-3. He is a prototypical 3-4 nose tackle, but this signing could signify that Miami plans to run more of a hybrid of the two schemes.
Soliai was expected to be expendable after the Dolphins announced they were switching from a 3-4 defensive scheme to the 4-3. He is a prototypical 3-4 nose tackle, but this signing could signify that Miami plans to run more of a hybrid of the two schemes.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

